Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ClayQ's Pulled Pork Tenderloin

Options
Bash
Bash Posts: 1,011
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Inspired by this post from ClayQ

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=875466&catid=1

I doubled the recipe, almost had trouble fitting it all on the medium.

81afee8f.jpg

After the braise - took about 3 hours in the liquid

815f38a5.jpg

Chopped, pulled (some of it)

8157c7ea.jpg

Back on with some cherry and hickory

91652deb.jpg

Ready to pull

fc49c13e.jpg

Ready to eat - liked the idea of cole slaw

5dc1209e.jpg

Very tasty, and like Clay said, low fat. Filled a tub for a neighbor, and still have some for leftovers and to freeze.

Richard

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks great Richard!! Everytime I see that I think I should, maybe this weekend.
    Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    AWESOME! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I just about fell outa my chair when I first saw all the pork tenderloin in the medium. Amazin cookin!

Congrats on one heck of great job with your terrific medium egg. :cheer:
    A great benifit...low fat, high flavor. Enjoy!
  • Bash
    Options
    Yeah, I like the medium. It's great if I don't need to cook any sides.

I gave some of the pork to a neighbor, and their 6 year old daughter said it was better than ice cream. Now that is high praise!

Thanks for the idea - this is much healthier than traditional pulled pork, and faster too.
  • Bash
    Options
    You won't be disappointed, Molly. Healthy, tasty, and about 5 or 6 hours, instead of 12-18 for boston butt.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Better than ice cream....!!!! Imagine that. :)

Glad this worked out for you. I like the taste of pork tenderloin and it makes a great pulled pork samitch. Yeah the coleslaw is a nice addition too. You sure made some people happy! ;)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I have made it and it is truly wonderful :) Healthy too :P
    Thanks again Clay

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • kewpie
    kewpie Posts: 4
    Options
    great pics and results; How long and at what temp did you braise the pork tenderloins? am going to try this recipe this week. thanks