Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Brisket & ABT's EVER

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am thankfully a very determined person when it comes to something I like doing, so even though 4 yrs ago I could do a brisket that no one would complain about, through this forum and some new gadgets I was able to do this brisket that was so much better than all other. It was like cuttin butter when I sliced it. It did have some strange quirks about it, in that, it was about a 10 lb'r and only took 10 hrs to reach 190 which is where I pulled it and let set in foil and towel in cooler for 3 hrs. Another thing that was unmistakeable was the shrinkage, I had always bought from Wal-Mart but have keyed in recently on not settling for less than choice grade and they don't have that, so this one came from Kroger and was choice and as soon as I opened the dome I noticed how much it shrunk. I used a 10 minute marinade by a company with name starts with C (can't remember) and it only stayed on about 10 min while I dusted it with kosher salt, pepper and Dizzy something. Went on from there and cooked the best ABT's ever and attribute them being so good to turning them frequently making the browning even and buying real thin bacon. While still having plenty of fire left I decided to do my first spatchcock chicken for the foodsaver, and have not doubts it is equally as good as the other. Happy cooking days have never been betta.
101_0193.jpg[p]101_0191.jpg[p]101_0189.jpg[p]101_0188.jpg[p]101_0186.jpg[p]101_0195.jpg

[ul][li]brisket[/ul]