Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Camping with the eggs(long)

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a cub-scout camping trip over the weekend and I was elected to be the "camp cook" :blink: Well,I brought my XL and medium eggs to feed them all.Everyone ate before getting there on Friday afternoon,so we just snacked Friday night,but Saturday was a pretty busy day for me.I started the XL at 6:00AM and prepped and cooked a bunch of hodag cookies(they disappeared fast) :ohmy: At 11:00AM,I fired up the medium for a bunch of burgers and dogs.While I was still cooking the last of the burgers,I fired up the XL(around noon)for the babyback ribs.Unfortunately,I only got a couple shots of the ribs(while everyone else went swimming) :P Anywho,they told me that they wanted "fall off the bone" ribs,so I decided on the 3/1/1 method.I was a little late foiling them(with apple cider vinegar),but while they were foiled,a giant thunderstorm brewed up :ohmy: The kids and parents rode out the storm in the lodge while I sat in the van waiting for a break in the weather so I could unfoil them :whistle: They were in the foil for over 2hrs before I could get to them safely :pinch: I got them back on the egg(in pieces)and added the sauce.I only ate a couple(because I was starving),but they(7 adults)ate all 6 racks and raved about them :sick: They were just too "fall apart" to me.Sorry,I know that I'm rambling,but it just amazes me that some people like ribs this way,so I guess it's true,we all have our own taste :) We still had fun,but everyone went home Saturday night to ride out the storms except me and one couple and their kid.I ended up sleeping in my van since my tent flooded :angry: What a great trip,I wouldn't have missed it for the world :laugh: Thanks for listening,here's a couple pics ;)

DSC_0029-5.jpg

DSC_0030-6.jpg

DSC_0039-5.jpg

DSC_0040-4.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0048-3.jpg

Comments