Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cherry Wood Advice Needed

edited 5:14AM in EggHead Forum
I have an opportunity to get (for free) a quantity of cherry wood that is from a tree that has been seasonally sprayed. If I remove the bark, will the wood be safe for smoking? Do fruit tree sprays degrade/dissipate to a safe level over time? If so, how much time?
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    George:[p]I have a few fruit trees and wonder the same. I guess this is a question for an "state extension agent" and the manufacturers of the spray I use . . . Maybe others can enlighten us.

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    George,[p]I agree with your concerns and would suggest that you contact the company that supplied the chemical sprayed. These chemicals are manufactured to prevent disease/pests and potential human consumption of the wood is never a consideration.[p]Spin

·