Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

online meet and greet ???

Options
123457»

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    bill, perhaps you think deception is too strong of a word. Do you prefer: incomplete, wanting, unfinished, deficient, expurgated, rudimentary, or sketchy? B)

Please maintain your forum membership in good standing and complete your M&G description. If you don't we will have no other recourse than to report you to the moderator.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i suppose you want me to say my mind is perpetually in the gutter? B) seems a bit redundant as that is how i was selected as the vbi
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Options
    My name is Ross and my wife is Yuka. We live in northern illinois; wish more eggers were in my area. I am in insurance and my wife is pre-law in Japan. Thus, some of our cooks will have an asian flair. We have a boxer who is always around any egg action.

Besides egging, our other passion is gardening and Home Theater (we have two set up and working on a third).

I cook on the large egg on weekends and holidays. My wife ueses the mini daily...actually I think she claims it as hers.

Anyways, love the egg, love the forum.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Got my first Egg in 1998 after looking for a "grill" like my dad had. After not finding anything like it a guy I met while training for work told me about Big Green Egg. What a find. Same with this forum. I've met quite a few in real life at fests and talk to several folks periodically. What makes this forum unique is the friendship.....and that many of us have met in person. Very unusual for an internet forum.

I love cooking on my Eggs and wish I had more time to do so.

I've got three and my wife and I cook a few competitions under the banner of Scramblin Eggs BBQ.

Met quite a few really great people in the competition world too.
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    Great BGE costume! If you check out my profile you'll see my interpretation of a BGE costume. Your wife's costume looks great and is much more practical! On a funny note, I used a turkey baster to get beverages into my mouth through the pig mask!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    You rock, Julie. This was a great idea and I enjoyed reading all of it.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    Options
    Great Idea!

I have had my XL Egg about 2 years and I love it.

I first bought XL Eggs for my 2 sons and after I fooled around with theirs I decided I had to have my own.

I have been Qing for about 30 years on all types of cookers, Webbers, 55 gal drum, and various offset cookers.

I have been responsible for the sale of about 12 Eggs.

After people taste the food and see how easy it is to use, and if they like to BBQ, they just have to have one.

I cook meat...I leave all the other foods to my friends even though I know the Egg does a great job on so many things. (I might do pizza)

When I bought the "Stoker", it has made my long slow cooks so easy...I highly recommend the "Stoker" to anyone that wants to kick up their BBQ a notch

I love to travel and I have been to most of the famous and not so famous BBQ restaurants in the country

I also have been to many of the BBQ contests around the country and have judged some of the major ones, Memphis in May, Kansas City Royal, Jack Daniels and many more

For the last 10 years, my wife and I have spent 6 months each year in Thailand, and thus the name, "Thailandjohn"

This forum is a great source for information, thanks to everyone for their imputs
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Yes I do, Liam and Ray are both good friends of mine.
    I have cooked up at the shop when they had an open day last year, I did a class on how to prepare turducken.
    I am having a baebeque cook off here in the shopping mall in afew weeks, and hopefully the guys will be available to come down and cook.
    That is a nice shop, and a expensive place to bring your wife into.
    If you are ever in Limerick visiting the shop drop me a line, I would love to meet up with you, or even get Liam or Caroline to give me a call, I'm only 5 minutes drive away. Roger
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Amen is like egging....................the same the world over.
    Keep well Leroy, and enjoy Judys retirement, it will be well worth waiting for.