Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Planked Salmon

Options
Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is how I do Cedar Planked Salmon. This is an indirect cook on planks made from Home Depot trim grade western red cedar.
The cook is DP Raging River Rub and Maple Syrup glaze.
350-375 to internal temp of 135, usually about 45 min.
Maybe my most favorite cook :P

Capt Frank
Homosassa, FL

4604533375_27fdb0efc2_b.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I have created a MONSTER!! :lol:

U gotta put this on the main forum, looks way to good for OT!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Frank,

Love the caramelisation with the smoke and the syrop. I get maple sugar flakes and love it sprinkled on top of the fish.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Options
    I don't know why it landed on OT, I guess because I was working with the flickr stuff here. I don't know how to move it either! ;)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Hi Steve,
    Actually, this has pure florida cane syrup on it, not maple. I have a friend, who has a cousin, who knows a guy that makes pure cane out of his back yard garden, you get the drift ;) It is a Southern thing :laugh: It is not available at your local grocer. It has a wonderful flavor and looks like the maple syrup version, which I do when I am in Cincinnati. Either way, it is one of my favorite cooks!
    Thanks for your compliments,

Capt Frank,
    Homosassa, FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You can't move it, as far as I know. You have to repost.

But now that you know how............ :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I can see why Frank!! They are beauties! It's been awhile since I've done salmon that way.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Maple sugar flakes? Is that a local product or from an online source Steve?
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Molly,

They have them in the duty free shops when you are exiting Canada. Only place I have seen them. Mikeb6109 sent me a block of maple sugar from New Brunswick so I grate my own now. I have seen them online at some Vermont and Quebec places.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Frank,

We can get the cane syrop here in Carribean stores. Never tried it. Will do soon.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt Frank
    Options
    Probably a little higher proof than what we get, you will love it :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks. I'll pick some up in September.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"