Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bringin' the wife unit on board.

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As many of you know I fixed Pulled Pork on Friday/Saturday. The wife commented positively three times saying things like, "I have never had coleslaw that I liked until this.

Its Tuesday and I fixed pulled pork sandwiches last night for dinner. I made a Piedmont sauce which incredibly I didn't have on Saturday. My wife ate her sandwich and continued to pick out a little more pork, and then a little more pork and slaw topped with some pork. It was funny. I was quiet.

Today is the wife's day off. Her girlfriend stops by to go for a walk and when they get back they are devastated when I say I ate the last of the pulled pork. But, but, Wait!! I am thawing some and I have a little sauce left from last night, let me heat it and Vicki(her girlfriend) can have some. They wander out and survey the whole back yard lighting like honey bees at each flower. I served up the PP sandwich outside cut in half because Vicki said she just wanted a little. She shared half with my wife (the first half). The girlfriend leaves and my wife wanders into the kitchen and announces she's going to have the other half and proceeds to fix another half sandwich.

That second egg may not take as long as I thought.

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    LOL - Isn't it funny how after some great meals, we are all of the sudden the best cooks and have made them happy!! My wife loves everything that comes off the egg, always have pulled pork on hand from now on, she loves it too. :cheer:
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    Great story. I mentioned the other day to my wife "boy I should buy another egg so I can cook more things at once". I laughed when I said it but actually I was planting the seed ;)
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    90 Days. That is all it took. The wife told me to go buy another large. I didn't plant any seeds, suggest it or lead her to it. She simply told me that she wanted hamburgers for supper and I told her I couldn't because I was cooking was chicken at the time and it would be at least another hour. She said go buy another LBGE! LOL! I will at Eggtoberfest!
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    You're my hero...some day I want to be just like you :)
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Mark - that is a great idea - i will plant the seed tonight!! :)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    My girlfriend was with me to buy mt first Egg here in Florida. She said "I don't really like smokey meat, I just want some plain old meatloaf in the oven." A few months later when I went to Cincinnati to visit her she said "There's one of those Egg places pretty near here, why don't we go get one so we will have one here to, I WILL PAY FOR IT! :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL