Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally Nailed One

EggcellentEggcellent Posts: 69
edited 2:07PM in EggHead Forum
I've had my egg for about a month now and have had some trouble getting used to it. Tonight, I finally cooked a meal worthy of the egg.

Smoked a Boston Butt with Three Beer Butt Rub. Started it about 7:30 this morning @ between 225 and 250 degrees and a few chunks of hickory. Pulled it off the Egg at around 5:30, wrapped it in foil and then a towel and put it in a cooler for an hour. When I started pulling it, it was just like the pictures I've seen on many post. Had a nice smoke ring and all.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that gave me great advice. I couldn't have done it without all the help from several people here.

Sorry no pictures.

Comments

• WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Sounds like you did a great job! Keep trying, there're many more amazing meals to come! Ask for help with pics if you need! :)