Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tips for cooking a Sirloin Tip Roast

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A google search through the archives did not turn up anything for this particular cut like the one I have. This is a relatively thin (1'-1 1/2") "slab" of meat about 12" long and 9" wide. It has plenty of marbeling in it and lacks that lean "tender look" (whatever that is?) of a sirloin steak. I'm not sure the best way to cook this. Hot and fast doesn't usually work even on a small roast. I am marinating it right now in some Italian dressing, but just wondered what any of you thought about the best approach for time and temp. Thanks for any input.
Steve

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    SteveO,[p]With those dimensions, it sounds like you could roll it up into a roast and tie it with string. It probably would be good with the marinade, too. I'd go about 350 until the internal temp you want is reached. You could even stuff it with some chopped mushrooms, onion, garlic. Just a suggestion until a better one comes along!
  • Rafterdude
    Rafterdude Posts: 39
    Options
    SteveO,
    I think I would just cook it to the preferred internal temp. Slice and enjoy! Makes me salivate just thinking about it! Im thinkin 325 to 350 direct, any how good luck!
    Craig.