Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any ideas for halibut?

Options
giantwing
giantwing Posts: 189
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
They are filets about an inch thick. Any suggestion will be appreciates

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Send Misipi egger an email. He is the resident Halibut genius (in my opinion). I hope it is Alaskan Halibut!

http://www.seachoice.org/profile/23
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    This is one option.

Halibut, Sour Cream, Egret

Here's one I use that's easy and excellent : Kelly,Actually, this came about when AlaskanC was asked about a good recipe for Halibut on the egg. She said she had not had any success cooking this per the conventional egg methods, i.e., direct/indirect raised grid/plate setter, rubs, etc. So, I suggested this recipe which can be done on the egg or in the oven. Actually, I did this once on my small BGE while I was grilling some Coho Salmon fillets on my large and it turned out awesome!! Here is the original recipe :

INGREDIENTS:
    1 lb halibut fillets
    1 Cup Mayonnaise
    1 cup white wine or sauterne
    1/2 Cup Sour Cream
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 Cup Onions, Chopped
    Paprika
    Fine bread crumbs

Preparation:
    1 Mix wine and salt and marinate halibut for at least 1 hour.
    2 Drain fish on paper towel, dip both sides in bread crumbs, place in greased baking dish.
    3 Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and onions, spread over fish and sprinkle top with remaining bread crumbs, and paprika.
    4 Bake at 500 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Egret, 2007/05/30
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Richard, the recipe I used was one of yours. I will have to try this one next time, it sounds delish. And I know AlaskanC can cook some mean fish. Have tasted theirs at Eggs by the Bay.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    giantwing,

En papillote with herbs, garlic, lemon and cracked pepper.

Stebe

Steve 

Caledon, ON