Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sneaking up on an all nighter

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went shopping for my egg today. Went to wally's world and got four bags of RO, hickory and mesquite chunks and a cheapie thermometer with a probe. Went to Harbor Freight Tools and scored on the weed burner. I was envious of Mark0525 and his Fatboy Mapp. Maybe later but I already have a bulk propane tank and now a twenty dollar weed burner. Look Out Weeds!! For just twice the price of a box of firestarters I am on the fast track to pyromania. I am only short one grill extender and some pork shoulders. I'll let you know when it happens.

Yes, reelgem, I'll take pictures so you know I did the cook. I am telling you this has been a great experience and I am thankful to all of you for sharing your knowledge so freely. I know for a fact my learning curve has been shortened dramatically by the nice folks on this forum.

Side note: It had been a few days since I fired up the old girl and I was beginning to itch and snarl some. So, I threw more bargain meat at her. Oh, did she shine. I had a couple of rib eyes that had been marked down and I totally screwed up because I don't have a thermapen yet. The color matched the pink in toilet paper, one step short of gray and dead. Wonder of wonders they were still tender. Makes me wonder what they would tasted like if... Next time. It's all practice. Its all good.

Comments