Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just wanted to thank....

Options
ChefAl
ChefAl Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
whoever it was that suggested to use brisket for hamburgers. I have tried grinding chuck, sirloin, buffalo, angus, along with several combinations of the abaove, but the brisket burger may have been the best burger I have ever had.

I was at Sam's Club Saturday while my XL egg was busy with 30 lbs of pork butt, and I bought a small brisket, just the flat, brought it home, trimmed it, grinded it up, and made ten 1/3 pound burgers.

When the butts were done I opened up the vents and got the temp up to 525 and put the patties on indirect for 90 seconds a side. I will admit I was skeptical because I know how tough brisket can be. They were so good we ate them with nothing more than lettuce and tomato.

I am now kicking myself for not thinking of this myself, but that is why I love this board!

Comments