Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Salmon Success

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Thanks for the input on the grilled and smoked salmon, things turned out pretty great even though it was just a 'speriment.[p]I had 4 fillets about 14 inches long and 1.5 inches thick at the belly end. I rubbed the fish with a "semi melted" butter, thick enough that it would stick to the fish but not quite liquid. With that I put on a mixture of lemon grass, Lemon Juice, dried minced garlic, salt and fresh ground green and red pepper, and some fresh rosemary sprigs laid on top. This was put on the grill, indirect, at about 300 with a drip pan full of beer. I had about 6 large chunks of cherry on the fire, A LOT OF SMOKE. The second grate was covered with aluminum foil with small holes poked into it. I cooked it for about 55 minutes and basted every 10 minutes or so with the herb mixture that was mixed with melted butter to make a nice paste.[p]This was an awesome way to cook the salmon, my 3 year old son couldnt get enough of it, called it chicken fish. We told him it was chicken to try and get him to eat it, not really necessary in hindsight.[p]With the dinner we had some french bread leftover from a couple of days ago, it was made on the egg. I cut it in half lengthwise, spread it with butter and garlic and fresh grated parmesan cheese and threw it on top of the fish for the last 10 minutes or so. Top it all off with a fresh salad from the garden of mixed greens, radishes, and onion and the evening meal was a success.[p]Thanks for all the input. I have 6 more skin on fillets curing for a smoke this weekend. Mom loves smoked salmon, this should set her for a bit.[p]Troy