Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

here we go with the nomex

ZymeZyme Posts: 180
edited 1:00AM in EggHead Forum
Just checked the email and I see that waiting for me at home are the nomex kits delivered from Fred's M&BBQ.

Also watched the three part video on replacing it, so I think I'm set.

Wish me luck! If there's interest, I can post some pics, but I think it's been covered pretty thoroughly elsewhere.

Comments

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 156
    Replaced mine 4 months or so ago and it's holding on fine through 4-5 uses per week including at least one pizza cook per week.
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Clean the surfaces well....you'll do fine B)
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Fred's videos were great, but I had better luck with 91% alcohol than the acetone (thanks, GG).
  • SundazesSundazes Posts: 274
    I just did my large this week, I used a MAPP torch to burn off the crap off the edge and acetone to wipe clean.
    That was a ton faster than when I scraped and scraped my medium. Also scrubed with acetone. The torch was faster and cleaner.
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    Hmm. good ideas, all. I think my buddy has a torch. Thanks!
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    oh man, this was much easier than I thought. And the videos covered all the important tips/tricks so thanks for making those, Fred.
    Now I wish I'd done this sooner. :laugh: