Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's official....

Options
PWise
PWise Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is with great sorrow that I hate to inform you that I won't be able to attend this year's Texas Eggfest...

I was really excited and looking forward and had some nice recipes for you to try...

I really hope to see you guys in Atlanta though...

Cheers

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I was told at the OKC Eggfest that things were not looking good for your trip to Texas.
    You will be missed by all. Was really looking foreward to watching and learning from your cooks.
    Take care and be safe,
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • PWise
    Options
    Thanks Darian! hope to see you soon elsewhere!
    cheers
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We will miss you guys. Not sure I will make it. Fractured ankle Friday and not doing well on crutches.
    Was looking forward to seeing you and partaking in your outstanding food.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• PWise
    Options
    Sad to hear about your ankle! hope you get better soon!!

cheers!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about this, Pato !!! I had made some chile powder to give to you at the Eggfest. :(

I hope your absence is due to positive things happening to you. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you can't make it. But Cynthia can easily cover for you LOL... We'll take good care of her.

I might try a few new ideas myself this year. We tried one in Oklahoma City that was easy and lots of people wanted the recipe. We called it a "Cornbread Omelet." We will probably do it again in Austin.

We will certainly miss you but we also understand that sometimes life is subject to interruption and it is never at a convenient time.

Take care.

Spring "Oklahoma Unpacked And Texas Repacked" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Oh Pato you are breaking my heart. I was really looking forward to seeing you and Cynthia again and also seeing what new recipes you come up with. We will be thinking of you.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Now Mickey....all you have to do is get to the fest and some of the eggheads will carry you in and sit you down. I promise to wait on you all day so you don't have to move....please come. It just won't be the same without you.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    That's really a bummer! I was looking forward to seeing y'all again also.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yea, what Judy said.

You realize that these things come in three's. You're on your second one now. Let's hope the next one is a splinter or a hangover or something that doesn't mess up your life too much.

I personally think you can make it to the fest. All you have to do when you get there is let people wait on you foot and hand. We don't mind a bit. In fact, we'll send Newbees over to talk to you about how to cook on the Egg. You'll be kept busy and eventually listed in the Book of Eggfest Martyrs whenever it comes out. Linda will be sooooo jealous...

Just bring her along because she's prettier than you anyway.

Spring "There's Always An Option" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Hey, Lake Conroe Egger stole my sentiments!

That's really a bummer!

Molly and I were looking forward to meeting a real, live, BGE Rockstar

Please send 8X10 glossy so we can at least pretend you are there B)

Maybe you could come to Plano in November????
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Mickey,
    Please come! Like Judy said, she needs to practice up her "fetching" skills for Spring Chickens' upcoming knee work B)
    You will have a bevy of beautiful Egg Women waiting on you hand and foot :evil:
    I will even sit close with the Margarita Bowl :whistle: :woohoo:
    Please rethink it --- and I'm sure someone could pick you up and drop home (er, uh....take your home), too.
    :)