Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missing or Forgotten Parts?

Options
ChargerGuy
ChargerGuy Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok so I just picked up my first BGE and either the Factory forgot to pack the Hardware or the Store forgot to give me a box. Can anyone who has bought one new please tell me if their is an extra box for the Hardware (grates, handle and such)? Thanks,

Comments

• Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    Options
    Bummer, but it gives you time to find a chicken wing recipe:)
  • bbqLou
    bbqLou Posts: 16
    Options
    It should be all packed in a little box, which is then packed in the bottom of the egg when shipped out from the factory.

Double-check any boxes you got from your dealer.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Should be a large box with the egg. Inside the egg is a smaller box. Also, there is a separate box with the grid, metal bands and other stuff. Shown here...

http://www.biggreenegg.com/videos/unpackassemb.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    Thanks Michael, I kinda figured as much. I will call my dealer in the morning, man one more day to wait! :(
  • Matt_in_the_OC
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I unpacked the box and was missing so many things. My dealer told me I could wait a week or drive in and pick up the second box. I drove in and it started raining! Bad start...

I feel for you, it is a real bummer.
  • boston_stoker
    Options
    The exact same thing happened to me. You are missing what they brand as the Eggcessory Kit box. Despite what the name may imply, it is included with the egg. It is about the size of three large pizza boxes stacked on top of each other. It includes, the BGE Manual and warranty card, BGE DVD, dome thermometer, 18" porcelain cooking grid, handle, the dual function metal top, some nuts and bolts, and the spring hinge and bands. The feet for the egg may be in there too, but I think that may have been in the main box.

You and I are not the only one this has happened too. You should have no problem getting the other box. Good luck!
  • boston_stoker
    Options
    Oh, the metal fire grate that sits in the fire box is in there too.