Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini hinge

Options
Hungry Celeste
Hungry Celeste Posts: 534
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just called the BGE headquarters and was told that the new-improved Mini hinge is NOT available for purchase. Nor could the young man on the phone give me an availability date. Whazzup with that? Why will BGE sell the dang thing to some and not to others? They're not scoring high on my customer service list today....

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Most likely those that already have the new hinge got it with a brand new mini...they certainly want to get rid of the stock they have first..
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Not having the new hinge will not stop you from cooking on your Mini. Is it really that big of an issue to not have one now? It's new and might take some time to get stock up to sell as up grade kit. Relax, keep on cooking and give it 30 days. I'm sure some were sent out early as test models but it's hard to keep these things a secret. More important that new buyes have them on the new Mini purchase.
    Take care,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    One of our local retailers says they can order it. Retails for $69 but she will sell it to me for $49.
  • LuckyDog
    LuckyDog Posts: 14
    Options
    Old inventory must be used up by dealers and distributors before can sell new hinge which is different in each market.Be patient and I'm sure you will be able to purchase soon.

Happy Grilling
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Hate to say it but I haven't had the greatest customer service either. Of all the times I've called there, there's only been a few times when I got a "live" person. I always have to leave a msg. and wait for a call back. Not sure what's going on. There are others on the forum that say that BGE has the best customer service. That is strange about the hinge.
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    Im up-grading the 3 minis we have in stock and bought an extra for my mini at home. They are still a little different than I expected kind of a hybrid from the XL hinge on one side only. They open back and lower like an XL does.

I ordered them in JAN, and they just came... lol LOVE BACKORDERS!
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    I didn't call the dealer, I called the "mothership" direct. I had my credit card in my hand, ready to plunk down cash for an upgrade. Not only would the phone-answerer NOT sell one to me, he couldn't/wouldn't even tell me when it would be available.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    See--that's what I'm talking about. Why can you order one thru your distributor, but I can't buy one direct from friggin' BGE? I'd be happy to get one through my dealer, but they can't provide it. Tell me who your dealer is, and I will be happy to mail-order through her establishment.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    I've been cooking on my Mini for more than a year, and I'd like to eliminate the potential slam-down of the lid. I'm a consumer, not a dealer or distributor. I just want to buy the new one, and I can't seem to find anyone to sell it to me.