Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Ash Removal Tool

ChefAlChefAl Posts: 66
edited 1:10AM in EggHead Forum
I have no monetary interest in Home Depot but they have a new mini shop vac that attaches to any 5 gallon bucket.

It's only $19.95 and works well to remove ash from my XL as the hose fits right into the draft door. The hose doesen't quite fit into my SM egg and not sure about the other sizes.

But if you use a shop vac to remove your ash this is a lot smaller unit. Oh and it has a blower on it as well.

Hope this helps.

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Good idea. I move my large vac around the house each week, I might get a small one to keep on the porch.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I bought a new shop-vac shortly after getting my first Egg. I then relegated my old shop vac to a dedicated Egg cleaner. I go down thru the firebox rather than thru the lower vent. Every 3-4 months I will remove all the internals for a more thorough cleaning.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Thanks for the info. We have a shopvac in the garage, but it is kind of a pain to pull out. A smaller unit would be handy.
  • ChefAlChefAl Posts: 66
    Hope this helps.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    FlaPoolman jury rigged this setup to get in around the curves farther.

• azbbguyazbbguy Posts: 191
    Funny I was just at hd with my bro and was checking that out. I am going to pick one up forsure.
  • Loco_engr,

Now that's a good Idea. I'm gonna do that with my mini Shop-vac. I've been trying to think how to get way around back - got that now!

I have a small Dewalt Shop vac that will run on a rechargeable drill battery, but it was definitely +$20.

Thanks for posting that pic!!!