Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Chuck Steak (boneless)

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I have 3 of these to cook up tonight. They look like pretty big steaks, about 1 inch thick. They also seem to be fairly well marbled decent quality meat.[p]I haven't cooked these before. I know there have been several posts before on these. I'm going to cook in about 1 hour. I'd sure appreciate any advice and pointers on how to do these..[p]Thanks a lot.
-James

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    James,
    This is the first time I've ever posted a recipe so ya better like it,[p]STEAK SAUCE, EASTERN STYLE
    By Betty Crocker herself
    Posted By eggor[p]This recipe is a long time favorite that works really well as a basting sauce(or marinade)for beaf roast.[p]1/4 cupvinegar
    2 tbs brown sugar
    1 tbs yellow mustard
    1 1/2 tbs salt
    1 tsp crushed tarragon leaves
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 lemon sliced( i use lemon juice concentrate)
    1 oniion sliced
    1/2 cup apple juice(or red wine)
    1/4 cup of butter
    2 tbsp worcestershire sauce[p]Simmer all but ingredients except apple juice, butter and WC for 20 minutes. Add remaining 3 items and bring to a boil. Baste regularly during the entire cook.[p]Hope you like it, don't plan on leftovers.

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    James,[p]
    Well, I cooked it at about 400 to medium. It was pretty tough. I wouldn't say it sucked, but it came pretty close. It would have helped to marinade it a while..[p]