Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Old Japenese Kamado

Options
TruthSpitter
TruthSpitter Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought an old Japanese Kinuurayaki Kamado #5 this week from some people that purchased estate house that has sat empty for ten years. I am an experienced bbq/smoker, but I have no experience with an egg style cooker. The kamado is all in one piece and able to be moved without worry of it breaking, but there are some long cracks that are visible on the inside and outside. The bottom firebox is in large pieces with a few small pieces broken off. I have found web pages showing how to make repairs...although I am not sure if repairs are necessary.

I am deciding if I want to repair and keep it to smoke things (like brisket) on, or if I should sell it and buy something else. (like a modern green egg) What kind of price can I expect to get if I sell it? (repaired and as is) How do these compare to modern green eggs? Any feedback or info you can give me is greatly appreciated!

img0421hx.jpg
img0422e.jpg
img0428u.jpg
img0423cn.jpg
img0430d.jpg
img0429n.jpg

Comments