Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wings

mnwalleyemnwalleye Posts: 226
edited 4:11AM in EggHead Forum
Tossed them in olive oil, Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom and African Bird Pepper. 400 for about 45. They were great!

46ccc67f.jpg

d0f6a3fb.jpg

aaa07bc3.jpg

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Jason,

Have you tried 400 raised direct on them? Or have you ever seen those wing/leg racks? The combo is perfect. I finally found them at an Ace hardware. you can fit 2 in a large and loads of wings and legs hang perfectly.

These eggs are chicken cookin' machines :)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great advice from Adam! That will also help get that skin crispy.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Molly,

Write that down. :P
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    You can find the wing/leg racks at Lowes for $5. Great investment.
  • HotwingkingHotwingking Posts: 235
    Looks tasty!! B) You can't go wrong with wings on the Egg!!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Gosh, not that cheap here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • mnwalleyemnwalleye Posts: 226
    The Ace by the cross town?
  • Judy's EggJudy's Egg Posts: 104
    I couldn't believe it either. Picked up a few extra for fathers day gifts. They (Lowes.com) also sell it (Bayou Classic Folding Leg and Wing Rack) online.
    Yup, but I would guess many of them have the rack.
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    looks great !
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Wonderful job, I love wings on the egg they are the greatest.

Patti