Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg n00b

Options
Capn Spaulding
Capn Spaulding Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just got an egg a couple of weekends ago and haven't really been able to test it out until the last few days. i thought to myself "what am i going to do with this thing now" and hit the forums.

2 cooks down (spatchcock chicken and some t-rexed steaks) and both were absolutely amazing! too bad they were devoured before i remembered to find the camera. thanks to all for the great tips, tricks, advice, and being such a great online community. if there are any good suggestions anyone's got for the pork loin i've got hiding in my deep freeze, i'm all ears!

cheers!

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Welcome aboard newbie. :)

Pics are important around here. Yes, your family and friends will laugh at you in the beginning for taking pictures of food, but after a few times they will chalk it up to being a lost cause.

As for the Pork Loin, the possibilities are endless. Is it a tenderloin or whole loin? If a whole loin, check out the video on DR BBQ's site. I will look for a link for you. Or you could give it a bath in pineapple then rub with salt, black pepper, &cayenne, then cook indirect at 300deg.

Good luck and congrats on your new Toy.

Dr BBQ link http://firecooker.com/drbbq/tips/171/
  • Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    You can check out the Dizzy Pig sight and the Naked Whiz for some good ideals. I found one on the forum serach sight. You take a pork loin cut and roll it out flat. Once I rolled it out I took a malet and pounded flat. add all my season, cheese,spinich, muchroom and galic rolled it back up rapped it up with baccon and tieded it off with string. On the egg rised grid direct heat at 350 for about 1 hour depends on the size of your pork loin. hope this help you out.Good luck and happy egging
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    welcome to the forum

you will love your first egg :whistle:

there are about a thousand ways to make pork loin. just do it however you would have done it with out your egg but use your egg instead. if you were going to cook it in your oven then use your egg indirect.. you will proabably get more ways to cook pork loin than my suggestion. but my idea is if you cooked something well before the egg will just make it better ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    Options
    There are a ton of different ways to cook your porkloin. Search the forum, or cookbook for some recipes. I haven't tried anything yet that wasn't awesome.
  • EggerDan
    EggerDan Posts: 105
    Options
    I definitely agree that the family will see the pics and call it a lost cause. But with the food, it won't matter to them ;)