Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Dough

Options
Bonehead
Bonehead Posts: 113
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This might be a stupid question but I have never made dough before :S.
If I make a batch of dough and don't use it all, what's the best way to keep it? and for how long?

Comments

• Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    It freezes well. Separate it into pizza sizes, lightly oil and place in a ziplock freezer bag. Put it in the refrigerator the day before you plan to use it. You can also set it out on the counter the day you will use it. Once it's thawed, it's ready for making pizza.

I will only keep dough in the refrigerator for one to two days. It's best to freeze it.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Depending on how much yeast is in the dough, either refrigerate or freeze. The longest I've seen in the fridge is about 11 days, but that had 1/8 teaspoon of yeast per dough ball and was intentionally designed to be a long, cool ferment. 8 days was optimal for that formulation.

Mine uses 1/4 teaspoon of yeast and I intentionally cold ferment for at least 4, preferably 6, days to develop flavors.

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Bonehead
    Bonehead Posts: 113
    Options