Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frontier Lump at Sam's

Options
danny285
danny285 Posts: 360
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sam's in Sherwood, Ar has Frontier Lump, $14.27 for 40lb,
from the reviews it is avg, but at this price it will work for me.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I bought a bag here in Houston for the same price and will be trying it later today on some bread, a couple of Butts and a Dutch Oven Pot Roast.

The problem with Sam's Club is that they buy a few train loads of something then sell it until it runs out. Then they may never get it again. I actually prefer using the Royal Oak from my local Walmart. They usually have it year round.

Spring "Lump Tester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    Same price here in Oklahoma City, for the price I think it's worth giving it a try....since I already have 338lbs of lump on hand it's probably best I wait until I get below my 300lb threshold :P
  • I tried it last night on back ribs. I usually use only Ozark Oak.

Seems fine: big chunks, heated up fast, and easy to hold at temp. Seemed to have more popping than OO, but for the price it works for me. Will probably buy another bag or two before they are gone.

TV
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I went to my Sam's last night (Boardman Ohio) and they didn't have any at all. I bought the Royal Oak from Walmart (too small of a bag) It clogged with the first burn. Not sure which one to try next. I think Ohio is behind the times as far as lump is concerned :angry: