Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Boston Butts time

Options
LimpBrisket
LimpBrisket Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does it take longer to cook two 3lb butts than just one. It took me 9 hours at 250 degrees for 2 3.5lb butts. Sounds like a long time.

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    2butts.jpg
    <p />Limp Brisket,[p]Love the handle dude.
    butts will take the same time IMHO 9 hours does seema little high for a butt that size. I think thay are all different.[p]Hope this helps.[p]Mick

• ArtfulDodger
    Options
    Limp Brisket,[p]I just did 3 under 3 lbs in a medium egg at 250 degrees and it took about 6 hours. I took them off at about 195 degrees and let them sit in foil and a towel for about 3 hours after that.[p]I started the same type of discussion with my posting about using many small cuts versus one big one. But you have a good point too. I suppose more roasts will reduce heat circulation so maybe two 3 pounders will take more time than one.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    Limp Brisket,
    I hate to sound like a wise acker, but... sometimes yes & sometimes no.
    It seems to depend on the wind, outside temp, humidity, temp of the meet when you put on - you get the idea. If you are not using a bbq guru (I don't - and prefer not to at this point as I'm still learning a lot even after doing this about a year). I think egging is a mix of art and science - kind of never the exactly same thing twice.
    Hey, the short answer to your questions is - probably shouldn't take that much longer, but it might 'cause of them many variables. Joe