Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Site Sucks.....

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When you are on a liquid diet for a medical procedure prep. LOL! I should have known better than to come here knowing that I have not eaten since yesterday, and can't eat again until tomorrow night!

Comments

• Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    The prep is worse than the proceedure.
    Wishing you good results.
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    lol... I can understand that, under your current circumstances. I hope everything goes well with your procedure.
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    My heart goes out to you bro... do yourself a favor, and log off.....spare yourself the visual food orgasms that are oh too common here! Good luck with the procedure tomorrow ;)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow Lee, I don't envy you having to go through the prep. Try being on the forum when you're on a diet, talk about torture. :) Sometimes it's best to avoid the pictures.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Wow, now that's a clean out, sounds like you are having something serious done.

Hope all goes as it should.

GG
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    You could do what my neighbor did. His clear liquid diet was white wine. At some point he didn't care that he wasn't able to eat!

Good luck. This is the worst part.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Lee hopes everything goes ok,I don't suppose yu want to see the pics of my Dry Ranch drumsticks I did tonight?

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'm presuming its 'rubber hose' time LOL ... .i remember mine. ..it wasn't till 3:30 in the afternoon. . .i was really starving all day ... while i was waiting in the waiting room, i was watching jacque pepin on a cooking show cooking sweetbreads of all things, and i was thinking "damn they look delicious!!!" LOL .. .and then while the nurse and doctor were prepping me, i was regaling them with stories of big green eggs and talking about who served the best greasy cheesburgers here in arlington ... . they told me later thats all i talked about while i was 'out of it'. .. .and its the first thing i had when i left the doctor's after the procedure!!! ...

btw....GOOD FOR YOU for getting this done. .. its important, and the hardest part is already over. .. .
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Yeah, I guess most of you caught on to the "procedure" I am prepping for, lol. I can't wait to eat, that is all I know! Dale, I am gonna cook those wings for my first meal after this deal tomorrow!
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Thanks again for all the well wishes folks! I got the all clear on both the endoscopy down the throat and that other one we won't talk about, lol. Still not sure what was causing my stomach problems, but have at least now ruled out the worst things, including that dreaded "C" word. So now, HIDA Scan, ultrasound, bloodwork, and both scopes later I know that my liver(not sure how), pancreas, kidneys, stomach, esophagus, colon are all good to go! :P :P :P

So, back to some hardcore egging this week and weekend! I guess you guys have wondered why I haven't posted any masterpieces in a couple weeks, LOL. :woohoo:

Thanks again!

Eggin' on........
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    Options
    Glad you got a good report!