Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pictures of your BGE's

BryanBryan Posts: 53
edited 6:49PM in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone,[p]Several of you have posted pictures of your set-ups in the profiles. I really enjoy these and hunger to see more. How about everyone who can, update your profile and/or post a picture of your BGE set-up. I am sure that I am not the only one who wants to see how everyone else is set-up. We may get an idea or two from others on how how to make our set-up work better. If you need help, I have seen several that can instruct you on how to do it. You need only ask. Someone in this group will surly answer.[p]Bryan
·

Comments

• BryanBryan Posts: 53
    eggroof.jpg
    <p />Forgot this.[p]
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    eggboy
    <p />Bryan,
    I built a wheel-able table that I park in the garage. nothing compared to your Humpty Hotel. If this picture works, I like this shot. Egg in Nature, when I hauled big humpty to some remote campsite in West Virginia.[p]My profile.
    Nature Boy

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    ribshack.jpg
    <p />Bryan,[p]As you know mine is a replica of your idea and you were very kind to offer e-mail assistance to me in constructing my little masterpiece. I will be forever grateful to you for your help and orginal idea...right down to the coke bottle opener :~) Here is a picture of the finished project and I will add it later to an re-newed profile when I come up with it.[p]Many thanks and all the credit is yours.

·
    Nature Boy,[p]Hey NB...I really thought you would be taller than that according to your reputation :~) Nice shot of you and your best friend!

·
  • HarryHarry Posts: 58
    Bryan,
    I know there were instructions here awhile ago on how to post pictures, but I can't seem to locate them. I've got the picture scanned in to my computer, but need to figure out how to get it on the group.
    Thanks,
    Harry

·
    Bob,
    Thanks.[p]Reputation?? Not sure about all that.
    Naw. Just a tad over 6 feet.
    Yeah, that is my green buddy. I think it was my friend's wife who said "we have to take a shot of a boy and his egg!".[p]So me and it. And nature.
    Something about cooking out there was wild. Everything tasted better. No electricity. But humpty was pulling his load.
    One of my fondest egg memories. [p]Another great memory of that trip was the day before we left, I posted about bear-proofing my egg. A wild thread ensued about possible methods on keeping the bears away from my egg overnight. Yeeee ha!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    humpty.jpg
    <p />Bryan,[p]Humpty is now parked in the garage for the winter. He has just finished his last year in this outdoor location and looks forward to moving into his new facility in Spring. Although not designed yet, I hope to build something approaching the elegance of your setup.[p]K~G
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    KennyG,
    I like the stainless door - I need to get one of those for Mr Dumpty who lives outdoors here year-round.[p]Tim

·
    Nature Boy,
    Seems to be a little trash all over the ground. heeeeeheeee[p]Tim

·
    myegg.jpg
    <p />Bob,
    Your roof material was made up the road 3 miles from me. They just recently changed the name - it was Onjulean (sp?). Good looking area - and out of the rain. Well done.[p]Tim

·
    Tim M,[p]It has been thru the entire summer and a good part of the winter and still looks brand new. I am pleased with it so far. I want to tile my table tops to match either the egg or the roof and plan to do that this spring. I will also be adding a small egg under there this spring to increase the flexibility of cooking. Thanks for the compliments. I like the folding side tables you have on yours. They were not available when I first bought my egg.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Bob,
    We are off monday,i will be coming to Atlanta to pick up a small egg and nest to go with my large and mini,my wife thinks i'm nuts.
    YB

·
  • YB,
    so does mine! She's ready to have me commited, along with the Eggs! But she got to thinkin' 'bout what she'd do for "devine" eatin' she's been getting off the Eggs. She decided to think it over![p]Dr. Chicken

·
    YB,
    My wife is also wondering about me.
    I think deep down inside she is glad I am cooking more, but picking up that new small egg, and new goodies really set the tone. Kind of like tools. Guys need them bad.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
    YB,[p]The sad truth is she is probably right, along with my wife's identical thinking. We are nuts! All this to cook good food but it sure is fun, huh?

·
  • Smokin' ToddSmokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    KennyG,
    Why dont u Egg in the cold months? Just courious...

·
    Bob,
    I just look at my wife and say,a man needs such as that,she gives me a goofy look and walks off shaking her head.
    YB

·
    Nature Boy,
    You can't just sneak these in the house,and say,what this old thing,they stand out like a sore thumb.
    YB

·
    YB,
    Good point. I just buy the stuff, and deal with any minor consequences. She gets over it pretty quickly!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • YB,
    I think you'd have a better chance of sneakin' a girl friend in than that excuse! She knows ya too well!!![p]Dr Chicken

·
    Dr. Chicken,
    I just wonder when i get 3 if i will want 4 like JJ and Bill.
    YB

·
  • YB,
    Probably! Now, surely we're talkin' BGE's not girl friends![p]Dr. Chicken

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Oh but I do! I simply roll Humpty out to just inside the garage door and fire him up. The same garage fridge that keeps my PBR cold has a big box fan on top of it to blow the smoke out the door. Out of the wind and elements until the warm weather returns, Humpty never goes more than a couple of days between uses. [p]K~G
    ·
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Nature Boy:[p]Lucky you! Mine is a little tougher . . . I guess the middle portion of Vietnam produces people with longer memories?[p]
    ·