Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

observations of first sunshine fest

Options
outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
few observations of first fest. first, great organization to putting this on, from registration, to raffles, to door prizes.etc, great food, every lap i made their way something different, from pork, pizza, gator sausage, ham, meatballs, breakfast dishes, pineapple, mac and cheese, cookies,meatloaf,steak, chicken, etc. there was always something to eat. iron chef competition was fun to watch, could not believe what each chef brought to their table to have to cook with.. every thing except the kitchen sink. next fest, i will cook, i think they had better time than people walking around. they were always busy , most knowledgable, eager to talk about what they were cooking and overall, very helpful to anybody who asked a question... last but not least, great people, ask a question and it was answered. if you have not gone to a fest, you are missing out...look forward to atlanta.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• cb
    cb Posts: 27
    Options
    Sounds like it was a great Eggfest, with some unique foods... We'd be happy to have you cook at the Branson Eggfest in June. Air Tran flys into the Branson airport for very low rates.

Check us out the more eggers the more fun! Hope to see you there.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Also my first, and I wholeheartily agree! :cheer:
    I can only add that it was great to meet so many of the good folks on this forum and put a face to the name. They are, without exception, as friendly and helpful in person as they are on here.

Capt Frank [the guy with the PETA shirt :evil: ]
    Homosassa, FL
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Paul and other new festers,

I am glad you all had a good time. Eggfests are quite unique from most anything else around. Where else do strangers bring food, prepare it and serve it to you. ain't it grand... :P

and yes paul this was a great run fest at a great location... :cheer: