Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hanger Steak n Cheese Stuffed Crepes! (pic heavy)

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 11:33PM in EggHead Forum
1 Hanger Steak
4 or 5 mushrooms
1 Yellow onion
1 or two green peppers
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 cup of milk and quarter stick of Butter (approx)
2 to 3 teaspoons of Original Todd's DIRT

Crepes

3 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
3TBS butter

Starting with the Crepes mix all the ingredients together t'ill smooth. Spoon mixture on the pan to desired size. Cook in frying pan at high heat this will cook fast so keep an eye on it. Place on plate and refrigerate.
Take the hanger steak and seasoned well with Original Todd's DIRT . Heat your Egg to High. Sear meat at high heat to lock in those juices and then cook to a medium to medium well. DO NOT OVER COOK THE MEAT please!! Then let it rest on a cutting board.
In another pan with lots of butter a good sprinkle of Original Todd's DIRT cook the mushrooms,onions,green peppers direct on the egg at 350 ish and when tender add 1 can of cream of mushroom and about 1/4 cup of milk and stir t'ill smooth and veggies are well covered.

Now that the meat has had time to rest take electric knife and cut the hanger against the grain for more tender cuts and slice as thin as you can the whole thing. Then add to your pan of veggies and mushroom cream mix and stir it around so the meat all gets covered with the sauce you made. Take out the crepes and start building!!
Start with one crepe in a dish and spoon in some of that great mixture then top with cheese of choice.I used mozzarella,close the crepe and top with cheese again.
Bake in Egg at 325 degrees about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown! Let it set to cool off a bit and then enjoy!!!

Here are a few pics of the process and final product.

001-11.jpg
013-6.jpg
014-4.jpg
018-7.jpg
019-8.jpg
021-9.jpg
022-7.jpg
024-5.jpg

Comments

• JBJB Posts: 510
    Looks good Mike.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,649
    That looks like a great meal.
    Looks like it might work well on a nice piece of toasted bread for us lazy people.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Great looking cook Mike

Ross
  • I've added this to my "TO DO" list. Looks great Mike!
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    EGGCELLANT!!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Mike,

Great looking cook my friend. Have you been able to get the flap steak yet?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Nope no flap steak here or at least the butcher is unsure of the cut.
    I'll talk to mine and see what he calls it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Steve you going to be home later.......i will try to give you a buzz on your cell to catch up a bit! ;)
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    We have Hangers on the egg right now and they could be the same pic LOL but crepes..... ooola la that takes them to another level :)
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 882
    Wow! I just finished dinner and now I'm hungry again. Looks great!
    Wow, I just finished dinner and now I'm hungry again after seeing that. Great job!
    Sorry this thing said first post didn't happen. Go figger.......
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Great looking cook Mike!! I like the creativity you got going on!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    OMGoodness! That is one tasty looking cook, especially since I have eaten since about noon today!!!!! Your killin' me.
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Are all you guys profesional cooks? Or can anyone do this kind of stuff on the egg?
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Anyone. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Thanks Molly i came up with it last year.I submitted in a few places and waiting to see if maybe i can win a little something!! ;)
    trust me far from being a professional cook!! And yes i did it all on the egg except for the crepes.The recipe is very easy to follow and not hard,just a little time consuming. ;)
    One great meal i must say and every time i do it guys always get blown away!!
    Julie you just have to try this out , you will very pleased with the out come.
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Mike, That looks awesome!
    Thanks Todd it was a real good lunch!! B)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Well, I'm sure impressed. Very nice!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Great-idea,post, pics.Thanks for sharin the how-to! :)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    Délicieux crepes Mike! :)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Man they look great Mike. Gonna have to add that near the top of the to do list
    Mike,

Sorry, I didn't see this. I am at home

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Thanks! It is a real nice one to try.I started making these last year and one of my best invention i have come up with so far.
    Merci! ;)