Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st time burgers complete, "Ya"ll said it"

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ya"ll said they were good,and boy were they."But",the first couple were dry because i didn"t flip them fast enough. but after that i flipped about every 3min. for about 10min. and "shazam" we were in business.

Cooked at 400deg. on regular grid not raised, it kinda tired me out going back and forth flipping but they turned out better than I"ve had on any other grill. Wish i had of bought an egg earlier.

After all that flipping i think im going to be a set it and forget it man and smoke it.

Comments

• Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    simply get a raised grid and you can cook longer and flip less. i cooked burgers tonight at 400, turned twice and they were juicy!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Get a CI grate,flip once.Get a thermopen IRT.Pull @ 135-140 IT.Perfect,jucy burgers EVERY time! ;)
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    I got a raised grid, been wearing it out thus far, but i had to see what it was like cooking on the regular grid and i did find out too.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Hamburgers on the Egg is reason enough to be an Egghead.

I cooked what turned out to be the messiest, drippiest, sloppiest, greasiest, hamburger ever on Maggie Mini yesterday for lunch and it was fantastic. And Maggie seemed to have enjoyed the moment as well.

Of course my cardiologist would take a look at it and say, “You’re gonna die.” But hey, I gotta live before I die… Besides, my Texas Drivers License Says I Won't Expire 'til May 2011 And Then I Have An Option To Extend For Four Years LOL.

Spring "Renewable Egghead" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Leroy, Mine says Feb, 2012 and I hope to extend mine as well. ;) Tim
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    You realize, of course, that sooner or later the population of the world will require 'expiration dates' for each and every person. Kinda like what happened in the movie, "Soilent Green."

I just think it's nice that our states give us the renewal option without too much fuss.

Spring "Some People's Expiration Dates Should Come Sooner That Others" Chicken
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    agreed with Hoss, on the grill for a few, flip and pull around 140....mine get flipped just the one time
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    sirlancealot wrote:
    I got a raised grid, been wearing it out thus far, but i had to see what it was like cooking on the regular grid and i did find out too.
    What kind of raised grate did you get?