Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ahhh, Midnight Boston Butt

Options
GrillMeister
GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's something about the stillness at this time, the stars are out, a pork butt fresh on the egg with the wispy trails of hickory smoke curling up in the sky with a cold PBR in the hand.[p]It doen't get much better than this.[p]Time to tuck in the BBQ Guru and head off to a good night's sleep.[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
Austin, Texas

Comments

• AZ Geoff
    AZ Geoff Posts: 66
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    And isn't it great when that smell drives the neighbors crazy!!
    I did one a couple of weeks ago, and now my next door neighbor lets me know when pork butts are on sale!!![p]AZ Geoff

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    AZ Geoff,[p]The smoke drifts over to my neighbor who has a big offset pit. It's gotta driving crazy cause I've never seen him use his pit (though it looks brand new). I'll have to drop off some pulled pork for the poor guy.[p]8 hours later and the Egg is cruising along at 200 degrees and the Boston butt is 158. Hmmm good.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • AZ Geoff
    AZ Geoff Posts: 66
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    My neighbor was looking over the fence at 7 AM . Said he had his windows open and he was smelling it all night!!
    I invited him over for pulled pork and man was he happy!!![p]AZ Geoff[p](he just told me today that he saw pork picnics for $0.79 a pound!!) Is that a hint from him????