Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATB's suggestions?

Options
triehle98
triehle98 Posts: 208
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am gonna cook some pig candy and ABT's today. I have cooked ABT's many times and love em but I wanna add something to the cream cheese this time . How do you think pineapple and red pepper flakes would go mixed in with the cheese?

Comments

• tenntom
    Options
    how about shreded fajita chicken instead of cream cheese-chicken should already be cooked--we have used this and it is great
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I usually mix in some kind of shredded cheese. Shrimp and pineapple tidbits are really good too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC09914a.jpg

Definitely season the cream cheese. In fact you can hit it pretty hard. I start with a rub or a combination of seasonings that is not heavy on salt (since you have the bacon that is salty). I sample it a couple of times during the seasoning. One of my favorite base seasonings is Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin. I do add pepper and whatever else strikes my mood at the time.

I generally don't add things like Lil' Smokies, but I like cooked sausage in them. I also go with a pretty thin bacon, and lightly pepper it.

DSC09918a.jpg

DSC09921a.jpg

DSC09926a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I haven't ventured very far off the original recipe, but have added minced gaaaalic to the cream cheese with good results.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • triehle98
    Options
    I was gonna use little smokies along with the cream cheese. If I had some chicken already cooked I would try it , sounds good
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Hey Loc, you gonna be at OKC?
  • tenntom
    Options
    with these you could leave of the bacon - put a good batter on thme and deep frie them --oh yes leave out the calories
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Sounds good, I have never had a complaint (and have had many request) I mix ground beef with taco seasoning in the crean cheese. Good luck