Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Okay, Spring Chicken, doing your ABTs this weekend

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Leroy,[p]Gonna do ABTs like you did at Texas Eggfest for a block party we're having on Sunday. Just want to make sure I've got this right:[p]Put FROZEN Lil' Smokies with Philadelphia cream cheese in jalapeno that has been scraped out (seeds and veins), wrap with thinly sliced bacon, insert three toothpics per ABT, and (here's the part I'm kind of unsure about), you cooked them DIRECT at normal grid level for about 30 minutes at 350 dome??[p]Let me know if that sounds about right.[p]Thanks![p]TRex

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    33%3A89%3C%3B923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3Dxroqdf%3E2323378967753ot1lsi
    <p />TRex,
    Add an occasional flip and rotate until the bacon is done and they should look like this when you cut them. Good luck.[p]Spring Chicken

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Those look beautiful. Thanks again for the instructions. By the way, weren't you saying you get your thin-sliced bacon at Kroger?[p]TRex
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    33%3A8%3A5%3A723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3DXROQDF%3E232354%3A375364ot1lsi
    <p />TRex,
    Most of the time from Kroger (on buy one & get one free days) but I also like Target's store brand. I usually try to get an equal number of jalapenos to the number of slices of bacon in a package.[p]I'm growing my own mild and regular jalapenos in my "hanging upside down garden" these days so I have a few jalapenos that need eat'n. ABT's comes to mind.[p]Spring Chicken[p]