Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm retarded.........

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Something just occured to me.....I picked up six racks of baby backs for the game tomorrow.....no problem there. I also picked up a $hit load of jalepenos for ABT's, that awesome too......HOWEVER.....where the heck am I gonna put the ABT's to cook with 6 racks of ribs indirect in a rib rack?

Any of you creative guys or girls got an idea?

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :unsure: on the platesetter??
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    OVEN! :woohoo: :whistle: :laugh: Or :blush: Do you still have your trusty ol Weber? :huh: Or go Caveman,build a fire on the ground and pioneer em! ;)
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Hmmmm...

Start the ribs as usual. When time comes to foil them, put them in the oven instead, freeing up the Egg to cook the ABTs. When the ABTs are done, put the ribs back on the Egg?

ABTs as appetizers, ribs after?
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I like Michelle's idea, but at rib temp, the ABTs will take quite a while.

Another idea is to put the ABTs on after the ribs come off. Then you will have a second wave of egg goodness for your guests.

I look forward to the creative ideas that others will post.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That is what I would do.
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    I am leaning towards that Michelle.....I do have a gasser....but really didn't want to do the ABT's there. Yeah we had planned on the ABT's as an appetizer.

Do you do the foil method I guess? I was gonna do CWM's, but I guess I may have just changed my mind on that.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have a great reason to go buy another egg!
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    LMAO!! I just presented my wife with the problem....and I said "where the hell am I gonna cook the ABT's..." and she said, AND I QUOTE "I don't know honey.....another grill?"

So of course I then asked "so you are saying I can get another egg?"........

She laughed.......that is like a yes isn't it?????
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    My wife fought the first egg for about a year. She OK'd the second egg just months after the first. :woohoo:

I brought up a third when I saw a deal for a large (new from dealer going out of business), but she convinced me we could get by on the XL and medium. :( :pinch: :S
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    SmokinParrotHead wrote:
    I am leaning towards that Michelle.....I do have a gasser....but really didn't want to do the ABT's there. Yeah we had planned on the ABT's as an appetizer.

Do you do the foil method I guess? I was gonna do CWM's, but I guess I may have just changed my mind on that.

Not usually (on the foil), but in this case I would consider it since it would let you do the ABTs. I normally do CWMs method for babybacks.

Bash does raise a good point about the temperature - you'd have to crank it up for the ABTs to get the bacon done and then do something (add water to the drip pan?) to cool it back down to finish the ribs. But there you're just setting the bark, so if the Egg didn't cool back down to the initial temp quickly enough, it wouldn't be as critical. Just watch the bark to make sure it doesn't get too dark....
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    What about like I did tonight on my post? If you foil them wait till then to putthe peppers on. After you take the ribs out of the foil it doesnt really hurt to half stack them as they will be twisted anyway and not lay real flat to start with. If you don't foil you can still sort of lump the ribs up the last hourish and put the peppers around the edge that way they will cook quicker.
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Chef Wil got 20 racks of ribs cooked all at the same time on a large. I imagine that you could stack the ribs up like he did and have plenty of room for the ABTs. ;) The link was just posted the other day so it shouldn't be too far back.
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Or you could put another grate on top of the ribs and put the ABTs on there.
  • Your subject line pi$$es me off. You should be fired from the forum. :evil:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Poor choice of words. If I were you I'd be embarrassed.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That was my first thought! "Go get another Egg! Its early."
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    I knew when I saw that Sarah Palin had posted here that I was in trouble. Who knew she used a BGE? :evil:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I'm not thrilled with your choice of words either. If you are goin to foil the ribs why not do the foil stge in the oven, do the abt's, and then finish the ribs on the egg with the abt's warming in the oven. Or serve them when done.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    I'm not thrilled with your choice of words either. Steve

Actually, the word retarded is not a bad word. It comes from the word , retard, which means slow. Some people use it incorrectly, though. A letter to our paper (after the Palin blowup) was from a teacher who had a student with Down's Syndrome. One day he told her, "Mrs. Brown, I'm retarded, not stupid".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    I think that is what I am gonna do. I wasn't going to foil them....but due to the ABT's I am going to. I was gonna let them smoke for 3 hrs, them foil them with brown sugar and honey, pop them in the oven at 275, and let them go about 90 minutes. Sound like a plan?
  • Try learning from other's mistakes. I am on the right side of the aisle, so your tagline does not offend me personally, but I find it odd you ask others for help with an offensive tagline, then compound the problem by throwing out the word retarded. Maybe you simply enjoy being an a$$.
  • Placed it under the wrong post.
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Hey anonymous.....you just used the "R" word too! :ohmy:
    I, unlike the perfect and prestigious "chief" of staff......was referring to myself with the word at least....not calling others the "R" word. Does that not count for anything?? :evil:
  • So calling yourself that word makes it OK? Go talk to some blacks and call yourself the "N" word, then come back here and post the results. :woohoo:
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Rahm wrote:
    So calling yourself that word makes it OK? Go talk to some blacks and call yourself the "N" word, then come back here and post the results. :woohoo:

Perfect example really, anonymous, because blacks refer to themselves as "N" word all them time, as a matter of fact.....I can say that, I am black. :ohmy:
  • You are black and anti-Obama, and a parrot head, which I maybe incorrectly assume means you are a Jimmy Buffet fan? I highly doubt that. Even if all that is true, unless you are mentally handicapped-and that may be debatable- that does not give you the "right" to call yourself retarded.
  • assuming he's not black because "he's anti Obama and likes Jimmy Buffet (your words)?"

logic, please. if you can do it without digging a hole, please do.
  • Not logic, statistics. Blacks vote Democrat 95 per cent of the time. Blacks support Obama with even higher numbers than that. I have been to 2 Buffett concerts and saw who was and was not there. Can I be wrong in my assumption? Certainly, but let us be realistic.
    The guy simply was trying to bolster a losing argument by saying he was black.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Gary,

No disagreement here. Unfortunately mental retardation spawned words like retard and mental. I grew up with my kid sister being called those names. Some people sill say offensive things to her. A few people on this forum have met her and she is well behaved and doesn't jump in other peoples faces. I find the word offensive but I didn't attack the guy personnaly. Just stated the truth. Wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't in the subject line and kept jumping off the screen.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    So what's he gonna do when he goes to an eggfest?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON