Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O/T Snow cones anyone?

Options
NoVA Bill
NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Nor'easter that hit the mid-atlantic has been a very nasty weather event - historic. These pics were taken about 8AM and I'd guess there's been at least 6 more inches of snow with more on the way. I've had to plow every three hours else I won't be able to get my tractor thru the stuff.

IMG00071.jpg
IMG00070.jpg
IMG00069-1.jpg

I'll get some better pics once the system leaves my backyard.

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    now I know why I moved south.....

I'm golfing tomorrow in a supper bowl scramble tourney.....cold mid 40s.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I was thinking about you. You guys hang in there. You cooking?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rooster K
    Options
    Stay away from the yellow ones! Good luck digging out.
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    You're hurting me! :laugh:

Enjoy,
  • MountainGriller
    Options
    WOW - that is amazing - we have folks in Bethesda and they said it's deep there.
    I'm in the Piedmont of NC and been without power (Ice/Snow) until an hour ago
    I guess you want be egging tonight?
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Hey Molly,

If you mean eggin'...not for a while as I have tons of snow to shovel to get to the eggs. I shoveled the deck twice but gave up just couldn't keep up. Will start the chore tomorrow.

I don't believe we'll be able drive our car until Monday sometime if we're lucky.

Cheers,
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    You charge a premium for the yellow ones. :laugh:

Thanks!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Molly no talking from you until you get some snow :) , heck you don't have any snow on the ground. All this time I though would get hit harder than we do over here. No more snow talk from you until you can prove you have some, nay, any snow.

Here is just a skiff we had earlier this season (and it's just gotten deeper from there. This was just a late fall early storm.

bge_lge_snow.jpg

Kent
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Bill, I thought of you last night. I am assuming all is OK and you have plenty of supplies. I hope you don't have to get out. Stay warm and watch out where the huskies go! :lol:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Stay warm!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Luckily it is above freezing here and melting. That is a lot of snow. Good luck with it. I am tired of pushing snow though.

Mike
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    I live on the southern most spine of the Catoctin Mountain (I call it a ridge)near Clarks Gap so we tend to get more bad weather. South of us did have different types of percipitation. I guess from Richmond south was the wintery mix line was. Sorry to hear about your power situation.

I don't see getting to the egg until later tomorrow (I hope).

Stay warm and safe!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Kent, I woke up on Thursday, running late. Opened the door and there was 3 inches here is the last of it. It had melted by the time I got off work. I guess this could be a Colorado glacier.. hahaha

2610.jpg
    :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Hey Timmy,

Unfortunately I've had to go out every 3 or 4 hours to move snow. We have plenty of food, adult beverages, our LP tank was topped off on Friday and I have an emergency generator. Local channel says the system is starting to break up and move off shore - that's good news!

Good news no Huskies around :laugh: .

Thanks,
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

OK, so I had been wondering how bad this record storm was going to be. I turned on the TV this morning and the reports are coming in from all over. The reporter was all bundled up with parkas, snowsuits, snowmobille wind face shields and his ruler. Pushing the ruler down into the snow in DC and said this is terrible we have 3 inches. I thought to myself, 3" inches, my hell that's no storm. I could even see ground under the snow in some spots.

Bill you have the beginnings of a real storm. Looks like you are pushing 36" there and looks like fall not drifting.

Earlier this year we had 52" of snow in 24 hours but that is pretty unusual, 18 to 24 inches isn't all that uncommon. Three times in my life I remember the snow being deep enough to actually walk straight on the roof of the house. Many times it has snowed to the top of a regular size sedan - (Crown Victoria type car).

Anyway, no griping dig the path to the eggs and get something cooking. A little bit of that summer sausage you smoked might be nice.

Be safe and hope you can dig out before more snow falls.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

"Opened the door and there was 3 inches"...

I don't believe it for one second, that's just not fair! You must live in a special spot in the Colorado Tropics.

When you get some actual snow, post a picture! :):)

XOX, Kent
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Hey Kent,

I haven't measured yet but I'm sure we're close to three feet w/o drifting just from eye-balling it. I'm running out of room to stack the snow...thank goodness I have a front loader on my tractor as a plow would be of no use.

I used to ski in the Tahoe area and experienced a couple of those type of storms you're talking about but that was in the Sierra Nevada and much younger :woohoo: .

The wife and I did make sausage gravey with biscuits and fried taters after our last cleaning effort. And yes the home made sausage made the meal. Summer sauage, cheese and a red wine once the storm leaves.

Thanks!
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Holy crap Batman!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I haven't seen that much snow since....well.....never. :ermm: :unsure: It would be fun for a couple hours.
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    It was fun the first time I plowed the driveway, etc. Now it's work! Stay tuned for the real pics tomorrow. I have mountains of snow piled up around my driveway.

Cheers!
  • hartleybear
    Options
    Forecast is mostly sunny 31 deg cel in melbourne Australia.

hartley
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    are you anywhere near Mitcham, Australia? I know an egger living there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Bill, Consider yourself lucky. Were it not for global warming. you would have had a heck of a lot more :whistle:
    Brian
  • NoVA Bill
    Options
    Hey Brian,

Thank goodness and Al Gore. :woohoo:

Cheers,