Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my first brisket to cook. Does anyone have a "to die for" recipe recommendation?

Comments

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Options
    Memphis10c,I do brisket all the time, great on the Egg! Score the fat cap in a diamond or squared pattern so the rub/marinade can penetrate.Cook with fat cap on top. Rub with a good rub you like, maybe some garlic powder, pepper, then cover it with white sugar. The sugar disappears.I put some onion slices on top ,add some worcestershire sauce and let it rest in all this at least 4 hours.I injected my last one with cajun garlic sauce also, it was eggcellent,the best yet. Some folks add some beer, but I drink my beer. Cook indirect with a drip pan at 275. When the internal hit 190, try to turn a fork in the meat. If it turns easily it is ready. Wrap in foil and let it rest 30 mins in a cooler or wrapped in a towel.