Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kiwi Fruit Marinade

Options
RayS
RayS Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone was telling me about using Kiwi as a marinade / tenderizer for meat. Has anyone ever tried it? Any ideas?[p]RayS

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    RayS,[p]Seems like I heard that the same enzyme in papaya also shows up in kiwi - with the same caveat: too long exposure renders the meat mushy.[p]If you're going to try it, please let us know how it goes (taste as well as tenderizing).[p]Ken
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    RayS, I've read about this but never tried it. Some recipes say to lay the skin (flesh side down) on the meat and others mash the flesh and spread it over the meat. Most recommend only a 15 to 20 minute marinade. [p]Let us know how it turns out.[p]
    BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Smokey Bob
    Smokey Bob Posts: 74
    Options
    RayS, Use the advanced search option, exact phrase, in Google. 30 results on kiwi marinade. Good cooking & share your results. I think a lot of folks would be interested.[p]SB