Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My best Fillet Mignon's

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My Fillet Mignon's.[p]Here's how I prepared my fillet mignons.
Rubbed with a small amount of Adolph's Sodium free Tenderizer, olive oil and wrapped in plastic for 3 to 5 days.[p]Remove for cook, coat with a small amount of Dizzy Pig's Cowlick Rub and Red eye Express.[p]Cooked at 600° on a raised grid for 4 min per side, dwell about 2.5 min.[p]My guest were in awe as to how tender and flavorful these were. (So was I)[p]Served with sliced mushrooms, marinated in red wine with chopped red onion and a sprinkled of Dizzy Pig's Raging River Rub and let set for 2 days.[p]Cooked the mushrooms on the stove in a large frying pan for about an hour.[p]Steak and mushrooms served with potato salad. This meal was great, the steaks were fork tender and my guest are still talking about them.[p]Power to the Egg,[p]Regards,
New Bob

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    New Bob,
    sounds great. . .we love mushrooms (with red peppers) alongside steak....if you don't have one, you should get yourself a grill wok, and do the shrooms and peppers out on the egg. . .the taste is fantastic. . .(imho of course)

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks,
    Yes, I was going to do the mushrooms in the egg after simmering on the stove to reduce the wine,onion marinade but we had been working in the yard and everyone was in a hurry to eat. Next time.[p]The guest are still talking about last nights dinner this morning.[p]Regards,
    New Bob