Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork tenderloin

Options
BillHill
BillHill Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first one tonight, turned out just ok. Stuffed with spinach, pine nuts, and pepperjack. Rubbed with Dizzy Dust, direct raised grid, started at 400, cooled to 325ish to finish. The meat was Smithfield in that solution junk they use. Real salty. Next time I will go fresh from Publix.Photo-0259.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Bill,

You didn't mess up. I always watch out for the enhanced
    pork. You might want to pound the tenderloin a little thinner to allow room for more stuff on the inside. :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BillHill
    BillHill Posts: 109
    Options
    Steve,

I know better than to buy that junk. I had the sudden urge to do this today and I just bought it. Next time I will for sure buy fresh and pound it out thinner. I told my wife I had folded it the wrong way too. Two came in the package, perhaps I'll marinade the other tonight in something creative and sweet?
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Bill, you did good. Stuffed pork tenderloin is one of our "go to" meals, we do it often.

What Steven said, pound it a little thinner.

The other key is what you said, buy the non-enhanced pork. It makes a huge difference.

I do many combinations, but our favorite is goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts. Maybe a little wilted spinach.

Photos look great, and I bet that next time it'll be perfecto.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Bill,

I go overboard with most things. I like to take the pair and splay them out and pound them together on the edges so I can fit a disgusting amount of stuff in the middle. :laugh:

I'll look for an old post and put it up on this thread.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON