Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

transporting the egg

Options
Ogre
Ogre Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright people, this is serious business. Im going to Cape Hatteras for a week in June and want to take my BGE to whip up some hellacious fresh seafood. What is the absolutely safest way to transport a medium BGE? If the thing breaks my life will come crashing to an abrupt halt. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Ogre,
    Strap it down or secure it somehow, and go! Only time we ever busted up anything was bouncing them across the bottom of Vermont in a Uhaul. The road (route 9) was paved one second, then dirt with potholes the next second. A couple of the fireboxes got a little split from bouncing around. But this was pretty extreme. Under normal on-road conditions, as long as the thing is secure, you should be fine! [p]This picture was on that trip. The two eggs in the bed of the truck never budged.
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    33%3A5%3B7%3A723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2323%3D624%3D%3A%3B%3A%3D32326249%3C95%3B3nua%3C2gi1lsi
    <p />Ogre,[p]I've transported all three of my Eggs twice - in a Volvo no less. Buckle up for safety![p]You can also get away with driving in the carpool lane if you buckle the Large up in the front seat and put a hat on him.[p]TRex
  • Ogre, I have a box that I reinforced with tape on the sides, and bottom. Put my egg in the box along with some padding and then strap it in. The squareness of the box makes it stay upright much better. Just my .02.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    TravelBackTruck.jpg
    <p />Doh! A long weekend. Musta pasted the URL in the wron place!
    Here's da peecshure.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ