Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Anyone used hibachi char grills?

Options
Aussie_Hugh
Aussie_Hugh Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Reading some of the comments on this forum it seems that small and mini eggs sound pretty handy for many things, one being char grilling a couple of steaks or tasty morsels of meat on skewers.[p]These eggs are not available in Australia. Hibachi char grills are relatively cheap and easily available however. Given that I have charcoal for the egg I was wondering wether the hibachi might be worthwhile addition for small grills. Hence I am hoping for some feedback from anyone who has used one.[p]Thank you.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Aussie_Hugh,
    i'll use the large egg even for something as small as a couple of burgers (even though i own a small and use it too). .. since it snuffs so well with the rain cap and closed bottom vent, you really aren;t wasting any fuel using a large egg for small cooks. . . because there is no way to control a hibachi (i used to use them for years a long time ago) other than raising the grates an inch or so up the little 'notches' on the back, and the only way to snuff the fire is to let it burn out. . .[p]stick with your egg, even for small cooks. .. its just as fast, and probably more fuel efficient than buy a hibachi, or any other small grill. . .