Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spicy ABT's - Here's what I did.

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, well after my first round of ABT's last week, I decided to try a bit harder.[p]Last week, I made ABT's without removing the membrane and seeds. Now that I am fully aware that not ALL of my family likes for their hair to sweat when they eat, I decided to make two kinds of ABT's. (They weren't really that hot)[p]Also, last weeks were burned a bit on the bottom. [p]This week, I bought half of the REALLY HOT jalapeños. (Those are the ones with the little brown streaks in them), and have of the mild woosie jalapeños (The ones that are bright green and no streaks). I scooped all the membranes out of the woossie ones, and filled them with pulled pork and cream cheese.[p]Then, I took the membranes from the woossie jalapeños, and chopped it up and mixed it up with the pulled pork, and stuffed the hot jalapeños (membranes and seeds intact) with the pork/membrane mixture and cream cheese.[p]Then I wrapped them all up in bacon and put them on the egg.[p]I don't have a grill extender yet, so I put a V-rack over a pizza stone, and am cooking the ABT's in a pan over the v-rack. That will left the pan up a bit so it doesn't have to sit directly on the pizza stone, like I did last week.[p]With any luck, in about 45 minutes, I'll have some ABT's that even a French person could eat, and then I'll have some really good ABT's that would make most any French guy's head explode.[p]I'll let y'all know how it all turns out.[p]--James, Trying to put the "A" back in ABT's....[p]

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    James,[p]
    Kids, do not try this at at home! These things should only be handled by trained professionals![p]Well that was fun. For those of us that really love the blow-your-head-off hot stuff, Give these a shot.[p]I love the hot stuff, and I made 12 of the jalapeño stuffed jalapeños, and I made it through about 4 of them. My hair is still sweating.. they were great. But really $%#^T#$* Hot![p]Good luck Y'all.
    -James

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    James,[p]You da man! Chopping up membranes and seeds and mixing in with the pulled pork! Yowsa!![p]Chuck