Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Packer briskets in Lancaster, PA area

Options
Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We were just at Shady Maple market in the Lancaster, PA, area and they have packer cut briskets. I've seen them there before, so they must have them regularly. I bought a 13 pound one which I will cook for Thursday dinner. I also saw a 15 pound one, but didn't ask what else they might have had in the cooler.

Shady Maple is in the Blue Ball/East Earl area about 7 miles East of Ephrata. It's also a great place to buy bulk foods including spices.

More info at: http://www.shady-maple.com/

They also have a great buffet restaurant on the property.
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• Slotmercenary
    Options
    Greetings,
    great place, used to go there a lot when i was a lot younger. My folks kept a RV in Country Haven campground in White Horse. When was the last time you went to the Green Dragon in Ephrata?
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    We go to Green Dragon Farmer's market as often as we can - it is only open on Fridays. We live fairly close to Roots farmer's market in Lancaster which is a Tuesday market - this is a weekly shopping trip.

Shady Maple market has been doing very well and has undergone 2 expansions in the last 5 years. They do a lot of their own smoking on chickens and turkeys and have a lot of large cuts of meat which they will custom cut if you wish. I think they are the only local market that regularly has packer briskets. At $1.98/pound, it is a real bargain.

The buffet restaurant was rebuilt about 10 years ago and is now huge but has maintained the quality of the food they serve - still like home cooking and many Amish specialties. It seats over 500 people now and is generally very busy.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA