Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Dallas; any restaurant musts??

Options
2»

Comments

• N'awlins
    Options
    LOL - Well I've been out to eat here a few times……OK - I can WALK to several places I love!!!
  • Italian: Campisi's Egyptian Lounge off Mockingbird just east of central expwy. Thye have been in business since the late forties and I have taken people from the North east there and they liked it. Some of the best thin crust pizza I have ever had.
    Tex-Mex: Herrera's, Small local chain with only four or five locations. Warning high grease content but well worth it. Inexpensive compared to many. Uncle Julios is also good but more pricey. They have the best grilled tex mex that I know of. One other place that started in Austin is Chuy's. Not very expensive really good food and the decor is somewhat ecclectic.
    Steak: Del friscos and the butcher block are good. Pappas steak house is good as well.
    BBQ: I am very partial to central texas BBQ so I don't really have a favorite in Dallas except for Sonny Bryans. It is not that the meat is spectacular. It is very good, the sauce however is the best I have ever had.
  • THA
    THA Posts: 198
    Options
    Ah, yes, Campisi's. Good bit of Dallas history there. Dallas mafia and connections to JFK assination theory. Good food and atmosphere. Father in law used to sell Joseph and "family" cars back in 50's and 60's. Had many a meal there and heard many a story.
    Safe to visit there.

It is just one or two blocks east of Trader Vic's I mentioned with the giant orange? eggs.