Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

P. Candy

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made some Pig Candy this morning for my girls. Thick sliced peppered bacon, brown sugar, very hot red chili flakes, ceyenne pepper,swamp venom and a touch of cinnamon. Won't know the results till they have time to try some.

Cooked indirect 350 to 400,turning twice,about 1 hour 50 min. Could have pulled them 20 min. earlier as they crisped up a little more then I thougt, probably the sugar.

Cheers,
Bordello

PigCandyFirehouse006.jpg

PigCandyFirehouse010.jpg

Comments

• Waterscapes
    Options
    Looks good gotta try. Yea I think i will take mine out a little early. I don't like my bacon crispy.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks yummy!! I can't believe I've not tried that yet.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bordello
    Options
    My problem was I brought them some ABT's one time and the bacon in some places was not quite cooked. They just nuked em for a min. and they were fine but I don't want to that again. Most of the time they like crispy.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Oh Miss Molly,
    You have too soon. :laugh: Most only use brown sugar and cayenne but my girls like hot :woohoo: That's why they have me. :whistle: :silly: :woohoo:

Regards
    Bordello
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE