Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the record???

Options
ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have owned the egg for nine days. I have eaten off the egg for nine days. What the record for most consecutive days anyone has eaten off the egg??????

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    ShortRib,
    The record is 23 days.
    Qfan

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    I heard it was enough for 14 food pictures per day for 6 months...with 2650 pictures to prove it. :-)
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I wonder when the Grey Room is going to see the next 2650? They aren't used to that much fun! :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I have it on good authority you don't even have a room in the houe call a kitchen. Chris remember the little white thing next to the big white thing where you keep your beer? It's called a stove, not a counter-top. At least your neighbors only think you're nuts when they come over with their plates to "see how things are going." ;>)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Sundown,
    LOL. I was referring to someone else. I would be in the doghouse if I cooked that many days in a row on the eggs. I burned the whole family out on grilled stuff the first year. Been usin that ol' stove a whole bunch lately. Still....every opp i get, the lump is a burnin'.[p]Neighbors think i am nuts anywho....but I think they might be onto something.
    Hope the weather is changin fer yall up yonder.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    I didn't actually count, but I do keep a rough log of my activities on a day to day basis. I have BGE cooking references for 44 days in a row in 2001. Don't know if I ate the food every day, but if I'm cookin', I'm usually tastin'. LOL.[p]Frosty Ones,
    Jim

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    ShortRib,
    My wife bought my large egg for my b-day about three years ago. Still claims it was the best present she ever bought - and I agree.[p]Can't say that I cooked nine days straight but from my very first smoke I was hooked. The neighbors think I'm nuts as I cook outside in all seasons, all weather. They do, however, have a tendancy to show up when the smoke starts wafting through the neighborhood.[p]Now that I've found this site, I'm afraid the egg is going to see even more use! And, after looking at some pics here, it never occured to me that you can have more than one egg... Hmmmmm.

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    JSlot,
    That shatters the 'official' mark of 23. Do you have documentation of these 44 consecutive cooks? If so, forward all supporting paperwork and photos to the BGE registrar; you may have a place in the record books, my friend!
    Good luck,
    Qfan

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    LOL. Yes I do have supporting paperwork, but I'm reall not all that thrilled with laying claim to the record. Especially a lot of other personal info is recorded along with the cooking info. That was the first year after my divorce. I went a little crazy and some stories should just be left untold! ROFL.[p]Jim[p]P.S. I won't be running for public office anytime soon, so don't try and steal the book!
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    JSlot,[p]ShoddyHog from the BBQ forum was doing some web work and was able to query the archives from that forum to collect some stats. Maybe someone could do the same here. I'd be terrified to know how many times I posted here talking about beer...[p]later,
    Cornfed

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Wow!! I wish I knew there was an "official" record to be met. I've been out on worker's comp. for over two months now and I have cooked on my Egg consecutively for the last six weeks and still smokin'. Yep, every day...sometimes twice. As I type, a six lb. Boston Butt is resting in the cooler to be shredded for lunch. Tonight, turkey mignons. Tomorrow? Aww, who knows? Maybe a rack of those ribs I bought last week. Or a few hamburgers?? [p]I've got to get with the program and start writing this stuff in a logbook!! Look out Guiness, here I come.
    23 days...I laugh at such a lowly number! LOL Mac

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]I don't have any idea what the number would be, but put me down for 96 as the percentage of your post in which beer is mentioned.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Jethro,[p]I'll still take the over on that bet![p]Heee,
    Cornfed