Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hot Wings?

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking up a couple batches of wings tomorrow for some friends that's coming over and was wondering if anyone has come across a great recipe lately? I'm going with the Georgia Red Wings recipe that I really don't know who to give credit for :ermm: I've tried them two times and love them but was wanting to hear from someone who has compared that recipe to others. I will also probably do some in Blues Hog or Sweet Baby Rays Raspberry Chipotle. And if you haven't tried the Raspberry Chipotle stuff you need to. It's not for everyone but if you like raspberry already I'm sure you will love it. I mopped a slab of ribs with it last week and they were awesome. Thanks for any input!

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    The Georgia Red Wing recipe was perfected by Wise One several years ago. I've cooked that recipe at OKC eggfest last year as well as Eggtoberfest last October. I hear Dizzy Pig recipe is good, but I haven't got around to them yet. Have fun.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I did the DP recipe a couple of years ago and, while the taste was good, I wasn't thrilled with the texture using corn meal. If I were to do them again (and I plan to), I'd use corn flour instead.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    ... and they were dang good too! I shoulda camped out closer to your grill! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    If you're looking for HOT wings, here's one I've been working on...

Full writeup of the cook is on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2009/02/recipe-spicy-grilled-buffalo-wings-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

6a00e5502e1c01883401116846a521970c-800wi

Put your favorite spice rub on your wings. Grill them indirect at 400 degrees, with your favorite smoke wood for chicken (I like apple), for about 40 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by combining the following ingredients in a saucepan, and cooking for at least 30 minutes:

4 tablespoons butter
    3 cloves garlic, sliced
    2 chili peppers, seeded and cut into medium-sized pieces (I used one habanero and one serrano chili)
    2 1/4 cups Franks Red Hot Sauce. You could probably use another Louisiana-style hot sauce, but this is supposedly the ‘authentic’ Buffalo sauce
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon paprika
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons black pepper
    2 teaspoons cayenne pepper

When the wings are done, take them off the Egg and put in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over them, toss, and serve.

Enjoy,

-John
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I guess Georgia Red Wings it is. Just got them in the marinade and now its time for a lil bit of Gentleman Jack followed by coke. Have a great night.
  • ChefRD's breaded hot wings are just killer!! Very easy to make and for this Chilihead, the best I have ever had. The recipe is on this site somewhere.

I cook there wings on sevral different cookers and grills and some of my pictures are below.

S5EDSC00170.jpg
    68MVC-007E.jpg
    30MVC-005S.jpg
    30BMVC-003s.jpg

Here are a couple layers on the Egg.

24MVC-003E-1.jpg
    S2DSC00037.jpg
    86MVC-001E.jpg
    85MVC-004E.jpg

I usually heat the recipe up a little and you can find my recipe changes and method on my blog.

Page down to the second article:

http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/search/label/Hot Wings

Dipstick
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    Fire Roast Sirachai Wings on Nibblemethis.com are fabulous! tried them last week and the flavor is unlike any I've ever tried.