Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri-Tips Recipe

Options
PackerFan
PackerFan Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,[p]I finally have completed by construction of the Egg Cart and tonight is the first cook on the egg. Actually I have a weekend of cooking planned. I planning on TREX Ribeyes for visiting relatives Saturday and Smoked Ribs and Salmon on Sunday. I need something quick and tasty tonight to try this baby out. Some freinds of mine have been talking about TriTips. Anyone have a recipe or reccommend something else? I need something to complete in about 1 hour (stablizing egg, prep, cooking time etc...). Can't wait to fire it up. Now I need to make egg plans for Monday & Tuesday. I am already obsessed. [p]Thanks,
Kenny

Comments

• Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    Options
    TriTip_Sliced_10012003.jpg
    <p />PackerFan,[p]I love tri tip. I think this one had some DP RedEye Express dusted on it. I like to cook them direct at about 450 or so. Flip every 7 minutes until they register about 130 in the center. Let them rest for 5-10 minutes loosely covered with foil. Then slice thinly against the grain and gorge yourself!!![p]Rich G.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    PackerFan,
    I just did 2 last weekend. I did mine like this.
    I covered the meat with seasoning and stuck in a probe. I set the probe for 130 and let it slo cook. At 130 I remove the meats and covered it in foil for 3 hours. Then open the egg to 700 and seared to a nice color. Let rest 5 minutes and Ha Yoo it was perfect, Nice med rare, every slice. It also made nice sandwiches for two days

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Rich!
    Man....now that is all purtied up. Shoo-weee.
    I know you 'fornian's traditionally eat a lot of tri tips...but what kind of side dishes and condiments.are generally served with tri tip? [p]Good weekend to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ