Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight brisket cook.

Options
a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's my fist overnight cook results. Some feedback on my results are certainly welcome. I had guests this past weekend and bought the biggest brisket I could find.[p]Here's the big sucker's measurements.
LinkPhoto?GUID=55fc5f1a-31f6-4dd8-405d-50f756f27945&size=[p][p]I coated it first with yellow mustard then rubbed it with a sifted concoction of equal parts Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk and brown sugar. The brisket was touching both side of my large egg's dome when it went on at 6 pm on Thursday. Goal for my temp is 250.
LinkPhoto?GUID=6f113ac3-6298-5ca6-192d-6d62605f579e&size=[p][p]At 10pm the temp is holding at 250. Went to bed and at 6:30 am the temp was 240. I did check the temp about every 1 - 1.5 hours and adjusted as needed throughout the day. At 11:45 am the 5.95 lb chicken went on.[p]Everything came off at 6:15 pm Friday.
LinkPhoto?GUID=54e6118d-6b5f-a9be-14fd-3b254d30262d&size=[p][p]Here's the smoke ring. Along with about 8lbs of lump, I tossed in 5 chunks of hickory.
LinkPhoto?GUID=230c260c-3d24-1ebc-3a39-4c2b68e31fab&size=sm[p][p]Only issue is that the bottom 1/8" to 1/4" got very dried out, almost like burnt ends. Rather than fiddle with my temp, I might wrap it with foil and a beer for the last 2-3 hours next time or maybe go 1.25 hours per lb and not 1.5 hours. I wish I had taken its temp when I took it off but forgot in all the excitement.[p]Overall though it was mighty tasty and the chicken, which was brined for 12 hours and got rubbed the same way, was excellent as well.[p]FYI, if these photos got linked correctly then the Naked Whiz has come through again for me. If not, oh well, the sun will still rise tomorrow and my Jayhawks have (almost) homecourt advantage for two games.