Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

CyberQII ===> CableQII

Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 247
edited 2:22AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I started a thread regarding my frustration with the practicality of using the PC-based features of the Guru CyberQII:

http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=787662&catid=1

My complaint was that in order to use the PC application to control and monitor the Guru you either have to 1)Put a laptop outside by the grill; 2)Run a cable into the house; or 3)Drop another $200 on a decent wireless USB hub.

Today I talked to Ken at Guru and determined my best option is to get a USB to Cat5 converter and run a cable inside. Not a great solution, but I've decided just to accept it and roll with it so I can start enjoying what the Guru is primarily designed to do - control cook temps.

Thanks again to those who have chimed in with advice and theories.

Comments